| What does this system do?
The Transfer Credit to Purdue system is used to view how Purdue undergraduate courses compare to those of other institutions across the United States and, in some cases, internationally. Create a report of transfer credit by selecting from transfer institution courses or by selecting from Purdue courses. Who should use this system?
Important Information About Transfer Credit at Purdue:
- Current or former undergraduate students may use this application to determine how courses at another regionally accredited college or university might transfer to Purdue West Lafayette.
- Current or former Purdue students may use this application to determine how courses at another regionally accredited institution might transfer to Purdue.
- Purdue faculty and advisors may use this application when working with students or advisees to determine how coursework from other institutions might best meet the student's degree requirements.
Before using the Transfer Credit to Purdue system,
it is strongly recommended that you review the rules
for transferring credit to Purdue available at
- The Transfer Credit to Purdue system contains thousands of equivalencies and new courses are continually added. If a college or university is not listed or you cannot find a specific course, it does not mean the course will not transfer to Purdue. Your course or courses may not have been evaluated yet.
- Not all courses will transfer and/or apply to every major. You must see your academic advisor for additional information about transferring credit to your chosen major.
- Dual Credit courses taken in high school may not be transferable in all cases.
- If you have a course for which no equivalency exists and you would like it to be evaluated, send the following information to Credit Evaluation in the Office of Admissions [Note: You will not receive an email response to your request. Please wait at least one week, then check the Transfer Credit to Purdue system again for updates]:
- The complete name of the college or university (including its regional branch designation, if applicable)
- The course subject area (course prefix - may be letters or numbers)
- The course number (not the section or registration number)
- The course description (cut and paste from the school's course catalog)
- Courses listed as 1XXXX, 2XXXX, etc., are transferred as undistributed credit and not an exact match.
- Purdue System Course Replacement List for Degree Progression/Audit
-- Purdue students who are interested in taking courses at or transferring to another Purdue campus should consult this list and speak with an academic advisor.